Teaching the Wheel in Groups
You’ve taken Like A Pro, and you’re using the Wheel with your one-to-one clients. Would you like some help using the principles of the Wheel in your workshops?
Mondays, April 1, 8, 15, 2019
Group 1: 9 am Seattle / 5 pm London / 6 pm Stockholm
Group 2: 2 pm Seattle / 10 pm London / 11 pm Stockholm / 7 am Sydney, the following morning
Teaching the Wheel in Groups is a 3-week online video course for Like a Pro graduates, facilitated by Betty Martin, Matt Schwenteck, Robyn Dalzen. It includes written material and three 2-hour group video calls. In addition, expect to spend about an hour a week on homework.
This class shows you how to include the principles of the Wheel in any workshop or event you facilitate. Gatherings, festivals, meet-ups, and workshops on touch, play, intimacy, communication, or sexuality. We encourage you to add the Wheel to whatever else you are teaching, and this course helps you do that.
For those with more extensive experience facilitating, we are also certifying facilitators to teach an official Wheel of Consent® workshop, a 2 to 3 day workshop which presents the Wheel in its entirety. This is not that course.
In this class we cover:
- Basic group facilitation skills, including how to create a safe container for learning, and how to make sure your participants don’t step over their own limits
- The particular challenges of touch events and what you need to know about facilitating them
- Incorporating the Wheel of Consent into your workshops — what works and what doesn’t, and a preview of how to teach the different components of the Wheel
- Considerations for designing your workshops
- You will have the opportunity to create an outline for your next workshop and present your ideas to Betty, Matt and Robyn and the cohort of practitioners to receive feedback and insights.
We limit each group to a maximum of 12 people to allow everyone to have a chance to present their work.
All calls are recorded so you can watch later if you miss the call.