Coming in 2019!!!
We are running a six-month pilot program in the Autumn of 2018 for a select group of Like a Pro graduates. If you are a graduate and would like more information, please Contact Us.
Become a Certified Wheel of Consent Practitioner…
We’re putting together a one-year certification training for Wheel of Consent Practitioners. The big things that make this training different than others are: 1) an emphasis on the Wheel of Consent and deepening your experience of it, and 2) a strong emphasis on personal development. This is about you, deepening and developing your emotional and erotic fluency.
Rather than focusing on bodywork, this course is built on taking your clients through every Quadrant of the Wheel. While it is useful for bodyworkers, it is especially suitable for Sacred Intimates, Surrogate Partners, Somatic Coaches, Erotic Educators and the like.
What it entails:
The course will be offered through four modules of 6 days each, in a residential setting, about 3 months apart. Between these live trainings there will be online resources, reading, discussions, video calls, peer coaching and practice sessions.
Five threads run through each module:
- Personal Development: This includes emotional and erotic fluency.
- Emotional fluency introduces a variety of approaches, including peer counseling, Clinton Callhan’s work Possibility Management, Brad Blanton’s work Radical Honesty, Byron Katie’s work, and Eugene Gendlin’s work Focusing. The idea is to get us imminently comfortable with our feelings and fluent in them so that we can guide and hold others’ feelings as they arise.
- Erotic fluency introduces a variety of group erotic experiences, such as erotic massage ritual, self-pleasuring ritual, 3-circles ritual and others. Like emotional fluency, this is to get us imminently comfortable with our erotic selves and fluent in group dynamics. Personal development also includes mindfulness, leadership and conflict management.
- Embodying the Wheel: Taking us ever deeper into experiencing each of the Quadrants. Again, getting very comfortable in each Quadrant. If that ‘Personal Development’ section didn’t get you, this one will!
- The Theory of the Wheel: Fleshing out the theory – how it works, and what’s what, including some neuroscience.
- The Practice of the Wheel: How to teach the experiences to your clients, including assessments, boundaries, legal issues, and a couple of models of coaching, including somatic coaching. You will also be coaching each other for the duration of the course.
- Teaching the Wheel: How to facilitate groups and teach the Wheel, including practicing with us!
What you get for this:
- Embodiment of all four Quadrants of the Wheel of Consent
- Learn the foundations of group facilitation
- Certification is granted, pending satisfactory completion and approval of the instructors
- (Pending Certification) You will be listed as a Certified Wheel of Consent Practitioner AND a Certified Wheel of Consent Workshop Facilitator on the School of Consent website, with a link to your website
- (Pending Certification) You are welcome to offer as many Wheel of Consent courses as you like and advertise these courses on the School of Consent calendar
- You keep all the proceeds of the courses you teach and the sessions you offer
- You are invited to participate in ongoing monthly supervision calls with Betty, Matt & Robyn
Cost and location:
- To be announced Autumn 2018
- Subscription to the School of Consent Community ($27/mo or $300/yr) – IF you wish to be listed on the School of Consent Website as an official Practitioner and Facilitator and participate in ongoing monthly group supervision calls