Facilitate the Wheel of Consent Workshop …
The Wheel is expanding! We are thrilled that more people are experimenting with it and adding it to what they are teaching – and – we want to ensure that the core essence of the Wheel is preserved. We need a home base of facilitators who have really embodied the Wheel and are teaching it well.
To this end, we have created a 2-to-3 day workshop, called The Wheel of Consent® Workshop. This workshop helps people experience the Quadrants in a dependable way, covers the basics of the Wheel, and includes a few other activities that are optional.
It is for the general public – people who want to dive deeper into the Quadrants – and keeps the Wheel clear and complete (well, as complete as you can get in 3 days). It focuses on the Wheel as a whole, as opposed to, say, a focus on intimacy or sex.
Would you like to teach this Workshop?
In order to keep the Workshop fairly standard and to protect the Wheel, we are asking the people who want to teach it participate in a Workshop Facilitator Certification Program. The certification program is taught by Betty Martin, Matt Schwenteck, Robyn Dalzen and Lorenzo Steirnquist.
- In order to use ‘Wheel of Consent’ in the workshop title, you must be certified. You can, of course, include the Wheel in whatever you are teaching – just call the workshop something else.
- Many of you are already teaching a similar workshop. What we are trying to do is ensure that the Wheel has a ‘home base’ that can be counted on and can continue.
- This Workshop does not replace Like a Pro. It includes none of the parts for practitioners. Will there be some practitioners who take your Workshop? Sure, that’s not a problem. We ask that you not try to replace Like a Pro by marketing the workshop specifically to practitioners.
- You must first attend Like a Pro at least once – OR – take the The Wheel of Consent® Workshop itself 3 times; and
- Participate in an 8-week online Wheel of Consent Workshop Facilitator Certification course. As part of the training, you will practice-present a part of the workshop curriculum.
- The online course includes online readings and resources and 8 weekly 2-hour group video calls.
- There will be homework! Expect to spend 2 hours a week on the call and about an hour a week on the homework.
- Attend the 6-month Wheel of Consent® Intensive for Practitioners
- (In other words, the Practitioner Intensive includes this material, among other things, so completion of the Practitioner Intensive means you don’t need the 8-week online course listed above.)
- Facilitate practice events and report back on what you are learning. Your events will vary in length, depending on your experience and skill level. Some people will certify very quickly; others will take longer. You will be asked to facilitate as many events as it takes for us to feel confident that you can facilitate this workshop to our standards. We will be coaching you and supporting you.
- Participate in monthly group supervision calls (at least 6 per year to keep your certification active; details below)
- Receive approval by Betty
What you get:
- You are welcome to offer as many Wheel of Consent Workshops as you like.
- You keep all the proceeds of the courses you teach.
- You will be listed as a Certified Wheel of Consent Workshop Facilitator here on the School of Consent website and your Wheel of Consent workshops listed on the Calendar.
- Monthly group supervision calls with Betty, Matt, and Robyn to be held the 1st Monday of each month:
- Noon Seattle / 3pm New York / 8pm London / 7am Sydney the following day.
- After you certify, the workshops you teach qualify as official Wheel of Consent Workshops, so if others want to also certify to teach, then your workshop counts to complete their 3 workshop minimum.
- Tuesdays: February 26, March 5, 12, 19, 26, April 2, 9, 16, 2019
- 2 call times to choose from: 8 am Pacific time and 2 pm Pacific time
- US $1150 (after taking Like a Pro once or the Wheel of Consent Workshop 3 times)
- If you took Teaching the Wheel in Groups, you receive a discount of $350
- If you take this course and later decide to take the Practitioner Training, you can deduct half the cost of this course.
- Subscription to the School of Consent Community ($27/mo or $300/yr). This covers your listing on this website and all the monthly group calls. To remain certified, you must attend at least 6 calls per year. Subscription payments begin 6 months after the online course finishes.
We are excited to bring more facilitators on board!