Facilitate the Wheel of Consent Workshop …
We are currently running the first course, from among Like a Pro graduates. If you are a graduate and would like more information, please Contact Us.
The Wheel is expanding! We are thrilled that more people are experimenting with it and adding it to what they are teaching – and – we want to ensure that the core essence of the Wheel is preserved. We need a home base of facilitators who really ‘get’ the Wheel and are teaching it well.
To this end, we have created a 2 to 3 day workshop, called Learning the Wheel of Consent, or just The Wheel of Consent Workshop. This workshop helps people experience the Quadrants in a dependable way, covers the basics of the Wheel, and includes a few other activities that are optional.
It is for the general public – people who want to dive deeper into the Quadrants – and keeps the Wheel clear and complete (well, as complete as you can get in 3 days). It focuses on the Wheel as a whole, as opposed to, say, a focus on intimacy or sex.
Would you like to teach this Workshop?
I hope so! In order to keep the Workshop fairly standard and to protect the Wheel, we are asking the people who want to teach it take a certification program.
- In order to use ‘Wheel of Consent’ in the workshop title, you must be certified. You can, of course, include the Wheel in whatever you are teaching – just call it something else.
- Many of you are already teaching a similar workshop. What we are trying to do is ensure that the Wheel has a ‘home base’ that can be counted on and can continue.
- This Workshop does not replace Like a Pro. It includes none of the parts for practitioners. Will there be some practitioners who take your Workshop? Sure, that’s not a problem. We ask that you not try to replace Like a Pro by marketing the workshop specifically to practitioners.
- The training course is taught by Betty Martin, Matt Schwenteck, Robyn Dalzen and Lorenzo Steirnquist.
- Have attended Like a Pro once – OR – take the Workshop itself 3 times
(We realize that this will be difficult to do until we have a number of Certified Facilitators around the world – we are currently training the first round of Certified Facilitators, from among Like a Pro graduates)
- Participate in a 6-week online Wheel of Consent Workshop Facilitator Certification course. As part of the training, you will practice-present a part of the workshop curriculum.
- Attend the Wheel of Consent Practitioner Training
- (In other words, the Practitioner Training includes this material, so completion of the Practitioner Training means you don’t need Like a Pro or the Workshop or the 6 weeks online course listed above.)
- Approval by Betty
- Participate in monthly group supervision calls (at least 6 per year to keep your certification active; details below)
What you get:
- You are welcome to offer as many Wheel of Consent Workshops as you like
- You keep all the proceeds of the courses you teach
- You will be listed as a Certified Wheel of Consent Workshop Facilitator here on the School of Consent website and your workshops listed on the Calendar
- Monthly group supervision calls with Betty, Matt, and Robyn to be held the 1st Monday of each month:
- Noon Seattle / 3pm New York / 8pm London / 7am Sydney the following day
- After you certify, the workshops you teach qualify as official Wheel of Consent Workshops, so if others want to also certify to teach, then your workshop counts to complete their 3 workshop minimum.
- The first course is under way, beginning March 6, 2018, for Like a Pro graduates; the next online course will be offered Autumn 2018
- $650 for the online course (after taking Like a Pro once or the Wheel of Consent Workshop 3 times)
- If you took Teaching the Wheel in Groups, the online course we offered last spring, you pay half ($325)
- (If you take this course and later decide to take the Practitioner Training, you can deduct half the cost of this course.)
- Subscription to the School of Consent Community ($27/mo or $300/yr). This covers your listing on this website and all the monthly group calls. To remain certified, you must attend at least 6 calls per year.
We are excited to create a community of consent and bring more practitioners and facilitators on board.
If you are interested in certification, please contact us.